This classic twist on Mushroom Risotto is hearty and flavorful, with a healthy twist -quinoa! This is a GREAT one-pot meal that you'll love!
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 cup of quinoa
3 packages of whole mushrooms (white and cremini), sliced
1 package of porcini mushrooms, sliced
1/2 a Spanish onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, diced
1 - 2 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
1 1/2 tsp of coarse sea salt
1 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of thyme
1 tbsp of parsley, roughly chopped
1. Sautee onion and garlic until the onion becomes translucent
2. Add mushrooms and sautee until most of the water has been evaporated from the pot.
3. Add porcini mushrooms and it's liquid. Make sure when you pour in the liquid that the sediment remains at the bottom and does not get incorporated in the mixture.
4. Keep sauteeing until a little more of the liquid has been reduced.
5. Add the quinoa and keep stiring until you can smell the fragrant grain start to cook
6. Add the stock little by little. Keep stiring just like normal risotto until you get that creamy consistency.
7. Season with salt, black pepper and thyme and keep stiring.
8. Finish it off by adding parsley and gently stir in.
9. Top with parmesan cheese if desired.