Say “good-bye” to the sad desk salad, say “hello” to this gorgeous, satisfying Quinoa Chicken Salad in a Mason jar.
This simple recipe is a snap to meal prep, so you’ll have four awesome desk salads for the week in no time.
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 0 mins
Total Time 20 mins
Servings 4 servings
Calories 424 kcal
· 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
· 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
· 1/2 tsp. raw honey (or pure maple syrup)
· 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
· 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. olive oil extra virgin
· 2 cups cooked quinoa
· 4 cups sliced cucumbers
· 4 cups halved cherry tomatoes
· 3 cups grilled chicken breast boneless, skinless, sliced
· 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. To make dressing, combine vinegar, lemon juice, and honey in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
2. Add mustard; mix well.
3. Slowly add oil while whisking; mix well. Evenly divide dressing between 4 one-quart Mason jars. Set aside.
4. Evenly layer quinoa, cucumbers, tomatoes, chicken, and cheese on top of dressing in jars.
5. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Shake before serving.
6. Variation (Add 1 green container per serving): Add 4 cups fresh baby spinach.
*Nutritional information (per serving) does not include spinach.
Quinoa Chicken Salad in a Mason Jar
Amount Per Serving (1 serving)
Calories 424Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13g20%
Saturated Fat 4g20%
Total Carbohydrates 32g11%
Dietary Fiber 5g20%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.