Since it’s National Ice Cream Sandwich Day I thought a good way to celebrate would be to enjoy one!
Here is the one that made it to the top of my list: Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches.
The peanut butter ice cream — or “nice cream” if you will — is made from all-natural peanut butter, unsweetened almond milk, and Chocolate Vegan Shakeology. The mini cookies eschew all-purpose flour for almond flour and are sweetened with just 2 tablespoons of maple syrup for the whole batch!
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Total Time 2 hrs 55 mins
Servings 6 Sandwiches
Calories 228 kcal
3 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
1 large banana frozen, cut into chunks
2 Tbsp. all-natural peanut butter
1 scoop Chocolate Vegan Shakeology
1 cup almond flour sift after measuring
1 dash sea salt or Himalayan salt
1 dash baking soda
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1 Tbsp. extra virgin organic coconut oil melted
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 tsp. unsweetened almond milk
For Ice Cream
1. Place almond milk, banana, peanut butter, and Shakeology in food processor (or blender). Process until smooth.
2. Freeze until ready to use.
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Lightly coat large baking sheet with spray. Set aside.
3. Combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine maple syrup, oil, and extract in a small bowl; mix well.
5. Add maple syrup mixture to almond flour mixture. Add almond milk; mixing to break up clumps of dough. Form dough into a ball with clean hands. Place on parchment paper. Roll into a 7-inch long log. Freeze for 50 to 60 minutes, or until firm.
6. Cut log into twelve slices. Spread slices out on prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until set.
8. Cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet. Loosen with metal spatula, remove from baking sheet and cool completely on a wire rack (or on parchment paper).
For Ice Cream Sandwiches
1. Place 2 Tbsp. ice cream on one cookie. Top with a second cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies.
2. Freeze for 1 hour; serve immediately.