Spices go a long way in transforming a recipe and are just one way to add flavor to your oatmeal. In this recipe for Holiday Spice Oatmeal, the ginger, cloves and cinnamon infuse simple rolled oats with classic holiday flavours. It’s sure to warm you up on a chilly winter morning. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge or freezer and microwaved for a quick breakfast on another day.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 5 mins
Total Time 10 mins
Servings 4 servings, about ½ cup each
· 2 cups water
· ¼ tsp . sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
· 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
· 1 tsp . ground cinnamon
· ¼ tsp . ground ginger
· ¼ tsp . ground cloves
· ¼ tsp . ground turmeric (optional)
· 1 tsp . raw honey (optional)
· 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. Bring water and salt to a boil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add oats; cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Add cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and turmeric (if desired); mix well. Let oatmeal stand 1 minute before serving.
4. Divide evenly between four serving bowls; top each evenly with honey (if desired) and milk.