This hearty salad topped with lentils and fresh pumpkin is perfect for fall and winter months. In other seasons, replace pumpkin with sweet potato!
Total Time: 34 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 24 min.
Yield: 4 servings
1 lb. raw pumpkin, cut into medium-sized cubes (about 4 cups)
4 tsp. olive oil, divided use
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1½ tsp. pure maple syrup
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
4 cups fresh arugula (or mixed baby greens)
2 cups cooked green lentils
2 Tbsp. crumbled soft goat cheese (½ oz.)
2 Tbsp. raw pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Combine pumpkin, 1 tsp. oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; mix well.
3. Arrange pumpkin mixture on baking pan.
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, stir; continue baking for 10 to 12 additional minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Cool.
5. While pumpkin is baking, combine lime juice, maple syrup, and mustard in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
6. Slowly add remaining 3 tsp. oil, whisking continuously until blended. Set aside.
7. Evenly divide arugula between four serving plates. Top evenly with lentils, baked pumpkin, cheese, and pumpkin seeds.
8. Drizzle evenly with dressing.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Sodium: 580 mg
Carbohydrates: 31 g
Fiber: 9 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 12 g