Baked Apple Recipe
These delectable baked apples are filled with a delicious combination of oats, cinnamon and fall spices like brown sugar and a touch of butter.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 40 mins
Total Time 50 mins
Servings 8 servings, ½ apple each
Calories 100 kcal
· ⅓ cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats
· ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
· ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
· ½ tsp. ground ginger
· ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
· 1 dash ground cloves
· 1 Tbsp. unsalted organic grass-fed butter, cut into small pieces
· 4 medium apples, cored
· 1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine oats, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and butter in a small bowl; mix with a fork until crumbly.
3. Fill apples evenly with oat mixture.
4. Place in an 8 x 8-inch pan; add water. Cover lightly with aluminum foil.
5. Bake for 20 minutes; remove foil, continue to bake for 20 minutes, or until apples are fork tender.