Change up your stuffing this year, with this gourmet (but really easy to make) Quinoa Stuffing. Since the recipe is bread-less, you can be sure your stuffing won’t ever get mushy
This simple stuffing is loaded with sweet apples and cranberries and topped with pine nuts. It tastes great warm or cold!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 27 minutes
Total Time 37 minutes
Servings 16 servings, ⅔ cup each
· 2 Tbsp . olive oil
· 1 medium onion , chopped
· 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
· 8 medium celery stalks , chopped (about 4 cups)
· 2 medium green apples , with peel (about 2 cups)
· 4 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
· 2 cups dry quinoa , rinsed
· 1 tsp . sea salt
· 1 tsp . ground cumin
· ½ tsp . ground black pepper
· ½ cup dried cranberries
· ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
3. Add celery and apple; cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
4. Add broth, quinoa, salt, cumin, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, for 15 minutes, or until most of liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
5. Add cranberries. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
6. Add cilantro and pine nuts; fluff with fork and serve.