Avocado Zucchini Alfredo With Shrimp
We love this healthy, delicious, and fun-to-make dish in our household! And its the PERFECT dish if you love zucchini like me :) Enjoy!
(MAKES 2 SERVINGS, APPROX. 12 SHRIMP AND 2 CUPS ZUCCHINI EACH)
TOTAL TIME: 22 MIN.
PREP TIME: 15 MIN.
COOKING TIME: 7 MIN.
**Note: You'll need a spiralizer for this recipe**
½ medium ripe avocado, mashed
¼ cup reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
½ tsp. ground black pepper, divided use
½ tsp. garlic powder, divided use
½ tsp. onion powder, divided use
Nonstick cooking spray
24 raw medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed (approx. 12 oz.)
4 medium zucchini, spiralized (approx. 4 cups)
2 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1. Combine avocado, yogurt, ¼ tsp. pepper, ¼ tsp. garlic powder, and ¼ tsp. onion powder in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium heat.
3. Add shrimp. Season with remaining ¼ tsp. pepper, remaining ¼ tsp. garlic powder, and remaining ¼ tsp. onion powder; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
4. Add zucchini; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain excess liquid from skillet.
5. Add avocado mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until shrimp is firm and opaque, and mixture is heated through.
6. Evenly divide zucchini mixture between two serving plates. Evenly top with cheese; serve immediately.